Enter to win a Signed/Personalized copy of Fever by Lauren DeStefano here

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Wanderlove by Belle Malory

Lola Moori is hiding a secret she doesn't know she's keeping.

She begins to remember someone. Someone important. His name is Gabe…and whatever they shared, she could feel that it was epic.

Yet it seems Gabe wanted her to forget him. Forever.

The curse that repressed Lola’s memories for the span of several lifetimes is coming undone. But unfortunately for Lola, she discovers that some secrets are better left buried.


First off, a huge acknowledgement to Belle Malory and her debut novel, Wanderlove. Its a huge accomplishment and I was so excited to be a part of the reviewing process.

This book was amazing for quite a few reasons. The first one being that its not your typical read. The plot centers around gypsies, and personally, I've never read a book about gypsies, so its originality is superb. These modern gypsies have some traditional values, which is why the main character, Lola, runs away from her troupe to live with her grandmother. Now Lola isn't a normal gypsy, she is unable to recall any of her past lives, an oddity for her kind. This leaves the reader with a lot of questions as to what is going on with poor Lola which I loved. A good mystery always grabs my attention.
 and this one was addicting. For most of the book I was left guessing what was hidden in Lola's memories and why everyone was so set on keeping it hidden.

This book also had a huge heart throb. In walks Gabe, and boy did he get my heart pumping. Tall, dark, handsome and brooding---just my type. Gabe also holds a lot of mystery and makes you really question his relationship with Lola, how are they connected and what power does he hold over Lola's memories. I loved seeing the background of this relationship over the course of their many lifetimes, it really added depth to their bond. However, in present time the relationship between Lola and Gabe starts off rocky to say the least, which gave them some great dynamics. Every scene that involved Gabe's ex-fiance, Annika, just left me fired up! However, you can't help but root for Lola and Gabe to stay together. Their romance is palpable!

There is quite a bit of action interspersed in this book as well, which really gave it some spice. One scene in particular, involving a knife and fingernails, left me totally squeamish. However, what was even more perfect was how each of these scenes was resolved. You really can't blame a girl loving a knight in shining armor coming to the rescue!

Overall I really did enjoy this book and give it Four out of Five Stars! The writing style flows beautifully, especially between present day and Lola's memories. The story is very original; I really don't know a lot of books out there about modern day gypsies. I was surprised at several areas throughout the story and fell in love with Lola and Gabe's realtionship. The ending (epilogue) was killer and I'm so anxious to know what's going to happen next to Lola and Gabe!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Gypsies! I've never read a book about them either this sounds pretty neat! Wonderful review!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting sounding book, and a great review. This sounds like a different and intriguing read!

    Alexandra~
    http://www.wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the sound of this, just grabbed it off amazon for next to nothing! Love Gypsy stories and anything to do with past lives so sounds like a double win for me. Looking forward to getting stuck in. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks fantastic! I love the cover. I love gypsies, when they're written well. And I LOVE brooding heroes. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this right now! I found it on your blog and I'm liking it so far so thanks!

    ReplyDelete