Enter to win a Signed/Personalized copy of Fever by Lauren DeStefano here

Monday, October 17, 2011

Must Read Monday (1)

The very sweet Jenna from Fans of Fiction is starting up her very own meme called Must Read Monday. Check out the link below to learn more about this meme!

Fans of Fiction

It's a really fun spin on recommending books to other bloggers by making an acrostic puzzle based on the week's theme. It helps bloggers learn a little bit more about a certain book in a very creative way! This week's theme is a favorite dystopian pick.
Here's mine:

          sTrong main character
           Hatred for the Capitol
sacraficEs everything for sister

           Humanity is tested in every way possible
       coUntry split into districts
           No independence
cannot Go against the capitol
     forcEd lottery into the games
death bRoadcasted on tv

         fiGht to the death
           Alliances are key to survival
           Murder guarantees freedom
       lovE triangle complicates a lot
           Surviving is everything

This book is my FAVORITE dystopian novel out there. Hope this gives you some great insight for those of you who haven't read it yet =)

Now go out and make your own puzzle for other bloggers to learn about possibly new dystopians in a new and exciting way. Make sure to link back to Jenna's page too!

12 comments:

  1. What an interesting meme, I love it!
    I haven't had the chance to read The Hunger Games but I definitely will :) Thanks for sharing.
    Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristan, awesome job! If I hadn't read this series, I would definitely check it out. Maybe they need to start using these puzzles on the book blurbs:)

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Hunger Games too. It's up there with my all time favorites. Great job! Come and see mine...

    http://gettingyourreadonaimeebrown.blogspot.com/2011/10/first-must-read-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! I swear, this book has been on my TBR for so long, I even have a friend ready to loan it to me on kindle but I have so many other books to get through lol.

    If you like zombie books, I've been seeing this one bouncing around a bit, and I thought it looks fun. And I love the cover :)
    My life as a white trash zombie

    Plus, I'm going to follow you :) I love catching up on all the blogs (when I am supposed to be working...LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, you have got The Hunger Games down perfectly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this idea. You did a great job with your puzzle!

    Here's mine
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2011/10/must-read-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started this book the other day. I like your acrostic because it makes me even more excited to read the book and see what's coming for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the Hunger Games, it was probably my favorite dystopian until I read Delirium by Lauren Oliver and Divergent by Veronica Roth, now I have 3 faves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I cannot wait to read this book. It's been sitting on my shelf for a few good months now. Must get around to reading it before the movie comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a fun meme, and what a perfect way to describe The Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy crap this is amazing!! What a great meme!
    your crossword is AMAZING. Totally pertains to the book.

    I think I will start doing this myself:D Probably won't be as good as yours lol

    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great poem, fits the book to a T! And I love this book as well. Congratulations on getting to be featured for this week's meme. New follower!

    ReplyDelete