Enter to win a Signed/Personalized copy of Fever by Lauren DeStefano here

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dirty Little Secret (2)


Ohhhh time for another reveal....Dirty Little Secret time!
Dirty Little Secret is a weekly meme hosted by Under the Covers.
Every Thursday we get to know other bloggers and our readers more intimately by asking them a question hoping to reveal their dirty little secrets.

If you could jump into a time travel machine and it takes you to back when you were a kid, what would your tv be playing then?


Well, I grew up in the 90s on nickelodeon when cartoons were actually funny and had some thought put behind them (as much as cartoons can). So, if you were to time travel with me, my television would definitely be blasting some Rugrats or Hey Arnold. I LOVED those shows as a kid. When I was a little bit younger I was a bit more into Rugrats. Huge Chuckie Finster fan until they went and ruined the show with all those new kids and then tried to make them into teenagers. Why fix it if it isn't broke?! Then when I got a little older I graduated into Hey Arnold. Now that cartoon was awesome- favorite episode was when the kids go on a field trip to the opera and Arnold falls asleep and has this dream where everyone is in Carmen. I can still sing some of the lines from that episode. HILARIOUS!

Just recently, on my 21st birthday, one of my roommates bought me all of the Hey Arnold seasons on DVD. Can you tell how big a nerd I can be? Some weekend mornings we would lay around in our pajamas and just watch that show for hours. Anyways, now cartoons are pretty lame and when I babysit I end up putting on the old school nickelodeon so I don't want to gouge out my eyes/ears from the crap that kids watch now. Needless to say I'll be hanging on to these Hey Arnold DVDs for when I finally have kids.



9 comments:

  1. OMG RUGRATSSS!!!! YES! I totally remember them! And don't get me started on Footballhead! LOL

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! Rugrats...Angelica was such a beeyotch riiight!! ...Here is mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am at least aware of Rugrats. I think they had a movie or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems familar, but I can't say for sure.
    Watched a lot of cartoons back in the day :-)
    My DLS: DirtyLittleSecret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man... I was a Rugrats/Hey Arnold kid too! I think I might have been to old to be watching that stuff, though! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shows were great! I used to love Rocket Power, Recess, and The Weekenders too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 90s Nickelodeon all the way! All the kids' channels have gone so far down hill since I was little, and the movie remakes of shows from my childhood make me want to scream.

    Here's my Dirty Little Secret

    ReplyDelete