Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It highlights a top ten book related theme. You should go check it out! This week the theme is Top Ten Books I Read because of another Blogger. This week was a little bit difficult for me because I'm relatively new to the blogging world and I can't really pinpoint particular blogs that made me want to read these books. I attribute most of my reads to multiple blogs because I always like a second opinion....or third....or fourth...
1. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare- This is a series I particularly remember reading a lot of hype about. I believe it was around the time that the third book had been released and the blogosphere had exploded with Cassandra Clare fever. I was skeptical at first, because the storyline didn't sound like something I would normally read, but I just couldn't ignore all the positive reviews, so I picked the first book up. And the next day I was back to pick up books 2 and 3.
6. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter- I heard a lot of mixed reviews for this book, so I was hesitant on buying it. Finally, I had seen that Alex at Electrifying Reviews really liked this book and wrote a really great review on it, so I was convinved to buy it off amazon at a really good price. (I always justify a book purchase based on how cheap the price). I'm so glad that I listened to that review because I fell in love with this book despite the negative reviews I had read previously!
7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephenie Perkins- Based on the summary for this debut novel alone I knew that I was going to be in love. Then when ARC reviews started to come out my assumption was proven correct. Bloggers sang praise for this book and it made me so anxious to get my hands on it once it was released. Those reviews didn't disappoint either, this book is AMAZING! A top favorite of mine.
8. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver- I had just finished reading another contemporary novel and was looking for a good follow-up when I saw a blog post about "If you liked ____ then you'd like Before I Fall". I decided to read a few reviews (and it seemed like everyone had read this book before me) and was convinced that I needed to pick it up.
10. She's so Dead to Us by Kiernan Scott- This was another book I remember Amber from Just Your Typical Book Blog recommending. She loved it and had written an awesome review that MADE me want to pick it up. I was so glad too, because She's so Dead to Us was a perfect reccomendation.