I skipped Top Ten Tuesday last week, but I'm back! Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by the wonderful Broke and the Bookish. I especially love this meme because I get to highlight TEN of some of my favorite things. Go check out their blog to learn more =)
3. Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter- I know I've posted about this book so many times already, but I really did love The Goddess Test. This sequel even sounds better than the first book too, with the introduction of Persephone into the craziness surrounding Kate and Henry's relationship. It really feels like relationships are going to be tested and there will be a lot more drama in the coming story. As long as we see some more Henry, I'll be good!
4. Insurgent by Veronica Roth- Please give me more! Divergent was one of my favorite 2011 reads and I was so excited that a debut author is getting so much praise! This story is far from over and we're left with such a big cliffhanger at the end of Divergent. Will the uprise be settled? Who survived the rebellion? Will Four and Tris still be together? God I love the world that Roth created with this book and its so addicting! Action, romance, mystery, betrayal, secrets....I really can't wait for this one.
5. Fever by Lauren DeStefano- Another debut author who I absolutely love. Wither was a very creative and twisted novel with such an intense love story. This book envokes so many feelings from the reader, hatred towards the father, fear for the wives, sympathy for the husband, and love for Gabriel. Again, I really enjoyed the creativity of Wither and love when an author can take a popular genre (such as dystopian) and revamp it into something different. Wither was definitely left open at the end for a very promising sequel!
6. A Million Sons by Beth Revis- Now, I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, but Across the Universe blew my mind. The originality and unique story telling that Revis has accomplished with this novel is surreal. I loved Elder and Amy together and the dark secrets aboard the space ship. The twists and turns of this story were crazy and I loved how the ending turned out. I'm looking forward to where this story goes and how the ship can be saved!
9. Jessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey- It's been so long since I've read the first book that I've honestly forgotten a lot of the details to this story. I do remember that I enjoyed the writing style and plot of this book and that Fantaskey did an excellent job of writing a vampire love story after the hype of Twilight. Jessica was such a relatable character and I really fell in love with her story. This sequel sounds very thrilling, with all the conflict surrounding Lucius and Jessica, and I'm looking forward to picking this one up.