Enter to win a Signed/Personalized copy of Fever by Lauren DeStefano here

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

I skipped Top Ten Tuesday last week, but I'm back! Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by the wonderful Broke and the Bookish. I especially love this meme because I get to highlight TEN of some of my favorite things. Go check out their blog to learn more =)

This week the Top Ten is.....Top Ten Sequels I'm Dying to Read! This couldn't be more appropriate because basically every book I love has a damn cliffhanger and I have to wait for the sequel. Such good marketing. I wasn't sure if this list was limited to 2nd books in a series, but since that's what I think of when I hear sequel, I only included them in this list.


1. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver- I cannot get enough of Lena and Alex. Their relationship is just so sweet and romantic that it makes me sad that I don't have a guy like Alex in my life right now. All the sacrafices they make for each other just proves how much they love each other and it makes me want to tear up! (I'm such an emotional wimp!) Plus, I can't think of a bigger cliffhanger than the end of Delirium. So many questions left unanswered, the biggest being about Alex. I mean, come on, what a heart wrencher!!!

2. The Soul by Stephenie Meyer- Now I don't even know if this really is a future project for Stephenie  Meyer, but I really hope it is. I absolutely adored The Host, moreso than Twilight actually, and thought that she really helped pave the way for dystopian novels. The world she's created is crazy and all of the relationships in the book are so well developed. The ending was definitely open to a sequel and the rumors are also talking about a third book as well. We'll see though.

3. Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter- I know I've posted about this book so many times already, but I really did love The Goddess Test. This sequel even sounds better than the first book too, with the introduction of Persephone into the craziness surrounding Kate and Henry's relationship. It really feels like relationships are going to be tested and there will be a lot more drama in the coming story. As long as we see some more Henry, I'll be good!

4. Insurgent by Veronica Roth- Please give me more! Divergent was one of my favorite 2011 reads and I was so excited that a debut author is getting so much praise! This story is far from over and we're left with such a big cliffhanger at the end of Divergent. Will the uprise be settled? Who survived the rebellion? Will Four and Tris still be together? God I love the world that Roth created with this book and its so addicting! Action, romance, mystery, betrayal, secrets....I really can't wait for this one.

5. Fever by Lauren DeStefano- Another debut author who I absolutely love. Wither was a very creative and twisted novel with such an intense love story. This book envokes so many feelings from the reader, hatred towards the father, fear for the wives, sympathy for the husband, and love for Gabriel. Again, I really enjoyed the creativity of Wither and love when an author can take a popular genre (such as dystopian) and revamp it into something different. Wither was definitely left open at the end for a very promising sequel!

6. A Million Sons by Beth Revis- Now, I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, but Across the Universe blew my mind. The originality and unique story telling that Revis has accomplished with this novel is surreal. I loved Elder and Amy together and the dark secrets aboard the space ship. The twists and turns of this story were crazy and I loved how the ending turned out. I'm looking forward to where this story goes and how the ship can be saved!

7. Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh- I've been waiting for this sequel the second I read the last page of Nevermore. I adore Varen and Isobel. Their relationship is utterly fantastic and I love when opposites attract like they do. Nevermore ended on the ultimate cliffhanger (my mouth was wide open with disbelief when I finished) and I'm absolutely dying to know what's going to happen next. There are way too many questions that need to be answered otherwise I'm going to go crazy. I just really hope there is a happy ending to this book!

8. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare- Cassandra Clare is genius. Her story telling is so captivating and exhillarating. I've loved every second of the Mortal Instruments series and I'm just as in love with the Infernal Devices. Will is a favorite character of mine (he reminds me a lot of Jace<3). The steampunk genre is new to me, but this book has definitely made me a fan.

9. Jessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey- It's been so long since I've read the first book that I've honestly forgotten a lot of the details to this story. I do remember that I enjoyed the writing style and plot of this book and that Fantaskey did an excellent job of writing a vampire love story after the hype of Twilight. Jessica was such a relatable character and I really fell in love with her story. This sequel sounds very thrilling, with all the conflict surrounding Lucius and Jessica, and I'm looking forward to picking this one up.

10. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand- Woa this story was intense and lead up to such an adrenaline rush of an ending. The climax of this story was incredible and it sounds like that was just the beginining so I'm dying to know how this story will continue and what comes next for poor Clara and Tucker. It also looks like there will be a love triangle in this sequel (not sure how I feel about that, but we'll see).

19 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to Enshadowed, Fever, and Insurgent! I haven't read Delirium yet.

    -Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice list. we can't wait for Fever too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list Kristan! I really hope The Soul comes out! I loved The Host! I am really looking forward to reading Nevermore and Divergent! Thanks for stopping by! I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading Clockwork Prince too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kristan -

    I'm a fellow nerd (degree in Chemical Engineering). Sorry to hear you are having trouble finding a job. I hope you find something soon.

    My son just finished reading Divergent and loved it also! It is definitely on my list to read now.

    And so many people have listed Pandemonium on their lists today - I will have to check it out.

    Nice to "meet" you!

    Sue

    www.greatbooksforkidsandteens.com
    www.bookbybook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really excited for Clockwork Prince, Hallowed and Goddess Interrupted!

    thanks for stopping by my blog :) and I am a new follower :)

    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ones you listed!! ESPECIALLY Lauren DeStefano's I'm a huge, huge fan!!!

    I'm a fan of your blog as well! It's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristan - like you said we have a few of the same books. I really want to read Delirium and Unearthly and I'm SURE Pandemonium & Hallowed will make the sequel list eventually. Although I am hesitating on the whole "angel" concept books b/c I haven't had much luck with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im drooling over your top ten!!!
    =9
    btw, thanks for stopping by! it is awys good to meet fellow bloggers =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many similar choices! You have a lot of great picks, my fave being Enshadowed!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Top Ten List. I really can't wait for some of those books. Thanks for visiting my blog. =]
    thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to catch up on my Cassandra Clare. Everyone who reads those books totally falls in love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the list. I can't wait for Insurgent and Goddess Interrupted. I really need to play catch up because I haven't read any of the other books. Sad I know!

    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some books I think have played out. I don't need to read Hallowed for instance. On the other hand... I can't wait for Insurgent either! :) There seems to be so much pressure on authors now to write series and sometimes the best love stories are only one sodding book long and that's just how it should be! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice list! Fever, Insurgent and Pandemonium are on my list too. Can't believe I forgot to add "A Million Suns"!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm excited for pretty much every book on your list as well! Especially Insurgent!!! I wish it was time for that book already!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list! I'm really excited for Hallowed too! :] Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my TTT post! You have a lovely blog! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choices. I have to say, I agree with pretty much every book! Can't wait till they come out and I could finally read them :)
    New follower ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  19. New follower :D

    Some fantastic books and I'm looking forward to reading a lot on your list ;)
    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday 

    ReplyDelete