Enter to win a Signed/Personalized copy of Fever by Lauren DeStefano here

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (2)

Hiyoooo. So Waiting on Wednesday is this awesome way for bloggers to share what books they are most looking forward to reading. The only sucky part is the wait. Anyway, its a fantastic meme started by Breaking the Spine. So, here's what I've got burning a hole in my to-be-read pile! I've linked each of the books listed to their goodreads profile page too.

Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis
(April 17, 2012)
Ok, woa. So the premise of this book is so original- two people waking up in each other's arms and having no memory whatsoever. Leaves me with a lot of questions already and I've only read the summary. Sounds strangely creepy, especially living in a town where everyone is a "happy zombie". I'm very interested in seeing where this story goes. It definitely has this mysterious edge about it with an ending I'm sure no one will see coming. Plus, the cover is really pretty.





Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
(September 27, 2011)
I haven't read a book that focuses on shape-shifters so this should be interesting. Most paranormal books on my shelf are about vampires or werewolves, so this is a breath of fresh air. I hope that it stands out because of that. I also like that it's incorporating Native American legend into the story. It should make for an interesting story!




Where it Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
(March 6, 2012)
First off, the cover is gorgeous! Why can't my hair and makeup ever look that good on the beach?  Second off, this story sounds so raw and powerful. I have a feeling that it'll be a very relatable story for most people in some ways, and in others, this will be a very rough story. Drunk driving is always an emotional tradgedy and I hope that Where it Began can be the emotional read as well as the eye opener that most teenagers (and adults) need. Following the main character as she pieces her life and memories back together after her accident will be intense, I'm sure, but I'm looking forward to this one.



Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith
(December 27, 2011)
Ohh another steamy cover- I so approve! This book reminds me a lot of the Perfect Chemistry series already. The good girl with the "perfect" life falls for the bad boy that her parents would never approve of. Although the concept has been done before, if Meredith can revamp it and do something a little different, then I'm sure it'll be a hit. You really can't go wrong with forbidden romance, so of course this is at the top of my list. Bring on the bad boys!






So those are some of the books I'm most looking forward to. Any of them on your list too? What other books are at the top of your own list? I'd love to check them out and expand my own wishlist!





10 comments:

  1. You got some good choices of books! I can't wait for them all =) Come check out my Wow

    http://paigebradish.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/waiting-on-wednesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glimmer: Happy zombie? O_O That's all I can think of right now. So creepy...

    Shifting: That cover FREAKS ME OUT! Not big on snakes, if you hadn't guessed. The story does sound really cool though! I've always been fascinated by shape-shifters.

    Where it Began: I know, right? Gorgeous cover. Yeah, drunk driving is always a tough subject for a lot of people. I can't wait to read this one!

    Kiss Crush Collide: It's actually being compared to Simone Elkeles' books a lot which is exciting for me since I love that series :) Well, the first two, since I've yet to read the third.

    Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited for Glimmer as well, Shifting looks pretty interesting too. Awesome picks, Kristan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually never heard of any of these books, but I've added some of them to my list of books to watch out for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the cover for shifting really grabs. keeping an eye on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glimmer looks so good. I really enjoyed Phoebe Kitanidis' first book Whisper, so interesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all sound amazing! These are going to my TBR pile! Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm looking forward to kiss crush collide too. love romantic YA. thanks for stopping by our WoW post. :)

    -Michelle
    Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great selection! They are all now on my TBR list, as they all sound really interesting.

    Can't wait to check out Glimmer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glimmer does sound pretty awesome. The cover of Where It Began reminds of the summer books by Jenny Han, at first I thought it was another one.

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete