Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is:
1. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen- Sarah is the go-to author for all things summer. She has cute romances, relatable characters, and of course this book takes place at the beach!
2. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols- I actually read this book when I was on vacation at the beach. It has a steamy romance with a man in uniform!
3. The Au Pairs series by Melissa de la Cruz- This entire series is incredible for summer. Its about three girls, hired on by a rich family in the Hamptons as Au Pairs. Its hilarious with some incredible romance and fun moments.
4. He's So Not Worth It by Kiernan Scott- This is the second book in the series, but takes place during the summer at the beach.
5. Beach Blondes by Katherine Applegate- Another summer book about girls on vacation together in Florida. What kind of trouble could they get in to together?
6. Island Girls by Rachel Hawthorne- Another book about best friends spending the summer together at a vacation house. Why can't my summers be like that?
7. Bad Girls by Alex McAulay- A book about girls sent to a reform camp in the tropics. It's actually a more serious read, but still perfect for a hot day.
8. Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen- Of course Sarah made it up here twice! Another book set in the summer about a self-conscious girl finding herself and love at the beach.
9. Amplified by Tara Kelly- A girl just out of high school leaves home and auditions for a band as lead guitarist. The hilarity and awesomeness of this book cannot be explained!
10. Don't Stop Now by Julie Halpern- Two best friends road trip across country to save their other friend after she faked her own kidnapping. The one-liners in this book are gut-busting. And of course there is some sweet romance too.
*Ok, so there was an older book I was trying to remember that I wanted to put on this list but can't think of its title. It was about two ex-friends, one girl is extremely popular and the other is an athlete, who go on spring break together last minute to Florida. They end up staying in the athlete's grandmother's condo and both fall in love with the same guy. There is a sequel to this book about going to Paris. Anyone ever read them?