Enter to win a Signed/Personalized copy of Fever by Lauren DeStefano here

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is:

Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads

1. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen- Sarah is the go-to author for all things summer. She has cute romances, relatable characters, and of course this book takes place at the beach!

2. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols- I actually read this book when I was on vacation at the beach. It has a steamy romance with a man in uniform!

3. The Au Pairs series by Melissa de la Cruz- This entire series is incredible for summer. Its about three girls, hired on by a rich family in the Hamptons as Au Pairs. Its hilarious with some incredible romance and fun moments.

4. He's So Not Worth It by Kiernan Scott- This is the second book in the series, but takes place during the summer at the beach.

5. Beach Blondes by Katherine Applegate- Another summer book about girls on vacation together in Florida. What kind of trouble could they get in to together?

6. Island Girls by Rachel Hawthorne- Another book about best friends spending the summer together at a vacation house. Why can't my summers be like that?

7. Bad Girls by Alex McAulay- A book about girls sent to a reform camp in the tropics. It's actually a more serious read, but still perfect for a hot day.

8. Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen- Of course Sarah made it up here twice! Another book set in the summer about a self-conscious girl finding herself and love at the beach.

9. Amplified by Tara Kelly- A girl just out of high school leaves home and auditions for a band as lead guitarist. The hilarity and awesomeness of this book cannot be explained!

10. Don't Stop Now by Julie Halpern- Two best friends road trip across country to save their other friend after she faked her own kidnapping. The one-liners in this book are gut-busting. And of course there is some sweet romance too.

*Ok, so there was an older book I was trying to remember that I wanted to put on this list but can't think of its title. It was about two ex-friends, one girl is extremely popular and the other is an athlete, who go on spring break together last minute to Florida. They end up staying in the athlete's grandmother's condo and both fall in love with the same guy. There is a sequel to this book about going to Paris. Anyone ever read them?


11 comments:

  1. Totally agree there with you on Amplified, Sarah Dessen and Jennifer E Chols. Awesome list! :D

    Drop by my Top 10?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't think of He's So Not Worth It! It'd be a great beach read.

    You are the second person who's listed Beach Blondes. I've never read it, but now I'm so curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picks! By the way, love your blog look.

    ~Shane
    itching for books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Sarah Dessen made my list too! I need to read Amplified, it sounds like fun:)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read a Dessen book and your whole list looks great. I love all the new ones I have to put on my list now from you!

    Marissa
    here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the best lists I've seen so far. I love reading contemporary fiction in the summer! : )

    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday post?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous picks! I haven't read any of these, but I've heard great things about most of them, and they sound fantastic. I will definitely have to check some of these out this summer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah Dessen is also tops on my (yet to be posted) list! Beach Blondes was enjoyable too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of those (I'm picking up a trend that most lists are contemporary, and since I barely read any contemporary, I am at a distinct disadvantage this week!) But they sound fun!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen Jennifer Echols pop up on a few lists this week! Suppose that means I should make an effort to read her books haha. And Dessen has been everywhere as well... including my own list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Au Pairs series sounds great.

    ReplyDelete